The purpose of Men Equipping Men is to put 2 Timothy 2:2 into practice, “The things which you have heard from me in the presence of many witnesses, entrust these to faithful men who will be able to teach others also.”
Men Equipping Men has three core purposes:
1. To enable men to love God with all their heart, soul, mind, and strength. We want to be filled with the truth about God and grow in His grace. We want to feed on the Word and become dependent upon Christ. We want to turn theology into doxology and become better worshippers of God.
2. To equip men to be able to teach others also. You don’t have to be an elder or a Bible study teacher to have a teaching ministry. All of us have people in our lives that need to hear the truth about God- our spouses, children, co-workers, friends, etc.
3. To develop men who will be leaders in our local church. We don’t want our men to be passive attenders; we want our men to be actively engaged in the work of ministry. Our aim is to learn to love Christ’s church and to become able to lead and serve effectively. We also want to become the kind of men who are able to help keep our body grounded upon God’s Word.
We are currently studying Basic Theology by Charles Ryrie. There are homework questions at the end of each chapter. This is not a preaching event, but a time for men to discuss and to encourage one another in biblical doctrine.
Our Place & Time
We will normally meet at the home of Jerry Schultz- 5807 Bahnfyre Court, St. Louis, 63128, but will move from place to place as the need arises. We will meet at 7 PM on the 2nd and 4th Tuesday of each month.
• Come with a heart to learn and to be changed by God’s Word.
• Come ready to share what you have gleaned from your study.
• Come ready to be stretched in your thinking about God and about your life.
• Come with an open heart to share what God is doing in your life.